Elizabeth Wentworth Roberts (1871-1927) incorporated Concord Art in 1922 creating a Board of Directors that included Daniel Chester French as the president. She started to install exhibitions in locations around Concord Center in 1915 to raise money for the war effort, support her fellow artists, and bring the art and artists of Boston to Concord. In 1922 she purchased and hired Lois Lilley Howe to renovate the current historic John Ball House at 37 Lexington Road for exhibitions that included her contemporaries John Singer Sargent and Mary Cassatt. An admired painter (see her painting in The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Collection) She created canvases of beauty, simplicity and emotion. Vose Gallery in Boston currently carries her work. Special thanks to Mark Brock of Brock & Co. for lending work to this exhibition.